- Is Price Negotiable?: Yes
- City: Tijeras
- State: New Mexico
- Country: United States
- Zip/Postal Code: 87059
- Contact Phone: 505 681-7080
- Willing to Deliver (Y/N): N
- Listed: July 30, 2018 6:57 am
- Expires: 6 days, 9 hours
Jeep project for sale: I purchased this 1969 Kaiser CJ-5 about 7 years ago, tore it down, had the body and all major parts blasted down to bare metal and then gathered everything I would need to put it back together. Then, my health started to decline and I must face up to the fact that I will never put it all back together. If you have the means and the ability, here is a pretty solid deal: 1969 Kaiser CJ-5 (with title), with dauntless v6 (was running when parked):
– One extra dauntless v6 engine (2 total).
– Along with original single stick transfer case, I have a newly rebuilt (never installed or filled with oil) correct transfer case with the dual-stick upgrade (very desirable)
– Original rims, plus 4 aluminum jeep ‘renegade’ wheels from 1970. Very hard to find!
– 5 nice, nearly new 31” off road tires
– 2 brand new seats, along with the correct original seat frames
– 1 brand new (in the box still) soft top by Best top (with doors)
– 2 complete bodies, with fenders – sandblasted to bare metal. They need repair – there are rust holes, BUT, I have the correct replacement panels and new hat channels to fix all the holes. Pick the best body or cut up one to fix the other and throw away what you don’t need!
– Two windshield frames – one is powdercoated black
– One renegade roll bar – powdercoated black. I also have a kit to extend the roll bar to a real full front roll bar (not painted)
– Complete factory correct Powr-Lok limited slip system for rear diff (not installed – very hard to find)
– Complete rebuilt correct overdrive from Herm the overdrive guy (not installed, very desirable)
– Along with everything that came with the jeep, I have boxes of parts from Walcks and Kaiser Willys containing the correct axle seals and gaskets, new steering wheel, heater and defroster vent, etc, etc. if the jeep needs it – I have it and it comes with the package.
– I spent way over 20K for everything I have – but I know that is my problem. I would like to get 8K for it. You will have to pickup everything in Tijeras NM (just outside of Albuquerque); I can’t ship it and I do not want to break anything up. I can furnish pictures of anything you want.
EVERYTHING is here to rebuild the jeep to either original show-car shape, or turn it into a nice rock crawler – YOU make the choice. I love CJ-5’s and the 67-70 were the best with the high torque odd-fire V6 engine. These were great engines and can easily be rebuilt and maintained with today’s parts. Fuel injection kits are available if you want to go that way (sorry, I don’t have one!). Come take a look, you will not be disappointed!